CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Art Events (cont.)

Paul Nicklen- Balboa Park, The Natural History Museum
April 20 -


He has beautiful images with beautiful composition. I especially like the Leopard Seal that is posted at the Museum. The image is a seal on the ice and you can see the mountain in the background covered in snow and under the water. Not too many photographers create stunning images like this one. Paul Nicklen has many images on his site that are just as beautiful as this one.

The color in this image shows off his powerful use of underwater photography with the land use. Very eye catching! This image inspired me because it used a lot of color in its image and was very eye catching. The blues and whites were very complimentary to eachother and showed a uniqueness to the image as a whole.




Polar Bears, Ralph Lee Hopkins Balboa Park, The Natural History Museum
Such a pure picture of a mom and bear cub on the ice. The image in nearly all white except for the two bears walking away. This picture was something that I would definetly see in my personal collection....if I could afford it. I think they were asking $1500 for this print. This image inspires me because of its use of white space. I love seeing white space in images because it keeps you wondering and you can never really know what is beyond the image itself.


Yosemite Falls [03-93] John D. Clark<, The Ordover Gallery
John Clark produced an image in black and white of Yosemite Falls and showed great depth with his use of black and white. The image is very detailed and intricate to the point that it keeps you interested. The lines througout the image makes your eye wander and reveal things that you normally wouldn't focus on. This image inspired me by the use of black and white throughout the image. It almost seems mystical or magical. I would like to see more black and white images in my work one day.

0 comments: